Thursday, March 12, 2009

OLD PARTS, DIFFERENT BIKE

Lately I have been thinking that instead of owning 2 fixies, maybe I should just own one really sick one. My wife has been telling my this for months. I know, it's crazy. But here's my plan. I've decided to sell my Azuki, otherwise known as the Black Plague. It's always been a bit big for me, and in all fairness I love my '79 Peugeot more.  So I decided to steal the risers and stem off the Azuki before I sell it. I made a trip to Art's to buy some Yellow Oury's and got a flat on the way.  As I was fixing it, the tire lever slipped and my hand slammed into the pavement.  I think I fractured my thumb- it's purple and swollen. Anyway, in the end I ended up with some really nice risers I can trade with my pursuits when I get the itch. I am also planning on upgrading the Windsor wheelset I am currently riding to matte black Wienemann Deep V's sometime in the next couple of months.

1 comment:

Tanner & Emily said...

Have you thought of cutting off your braze ons? Seems like your pretty handy with the grinder.

Just a thought