Friday, July 24, 2009

IT IS FINISHED (AND IT ALMOST KILLED ME)

The touring bike is finally finished, I think. Here are before and after pics. Today I finished mounting the ammo box panniers and cages. The only thing really left to do is re-adjust the rear hub that seems a little tight after my wheel randomly fell off while riding with the rest of the band to our gig last night. Fortunately I had a wrench in the backpack so I could at least get the wheel back on, but it was a scary experience none the less, especially on the way home, which involved an inebriated midnight sprint down a pitch-black Foothill Ave with Ta Tas in the lead with his banjo and a cigarette and Rog weaving around the tiny bike lane pulling a trailer loaded down with my guitar and the upright bass. At times like that you don't want a sketchy rear hub! I'll fix it soon, though, and then I'm gonna do some short 20-30 mile rides in the next couple of weeks to try to get in shape to ride Hwy 1 from Monterey to SLO. 

No comments: