Wednesday, July 15, 2009

ALMOST THERE

I spent the portion of the week that I didn't have food poisoning working on the touring bike. It's coming along nicely, and today I am planning on getting the gears and brakes set up. This bike has been really fun to build.  I'm proud of the paint job, which came out pretty nice considering that it's impossible to find an outdoor painting location in SLO that is free of wind at any time of day or night. Another highlight is the complete mishmash of components that have been commandeered to get this baby running.  So far the list includes:
-Schwinn (?) frame circa 1975
-Araya 27 x 1 1/4 wheelset (steel, of course)
-Original Dia-Comp centerpull brake calipers
-New Tektro levers
-New Campy Mirage crank set
-Soma Bullhorns set up with a combo of Oury grips and Fizik suede tape
-New Vittoria tires
I'm taking her to Big Sur on our annual camping trip this week to put on some test miles. Next week- Ammo Box Panniers.

No comments: