Friday, February 20, 2009

OLD FRIENDS

I've built up and sold a fair amount of bikes over the past year, and every once in a while I see one of mine around town.  A couple of days ago I came across the first single speed I ever built; my old blue "Superman" Huffy, parked in a bike rack at Cal Poly.  I'm glad that the person who bought this bike is still riding it, although I was slightly disturbed at it's condition; it looks like it may have been ridden (in the loosest sense of the word) home from the bars one too many times. Also the red wall tires and vintage Araya rims that I thought were the highlight of the bike seem to have moved on to a new home.  Anyway, it was good to see her again.  And in case her new owner reads this post, I just want to say "hey, go easy on the old girl!  And put a new cap in those bars so they don't rust inside, dammit!"  These things are important.

This bike can be seen in its original incarnation HERE.

No comments: