Saturday, January 31, 2009

AH, SATURDAY!


Today Hank took a 3 hour nap in his bouncy chair on the back porch while I put down a couple of Coors Banquets and rebuilt this old Free Spirit Townie that I got out of a dumpster.  The whole project was a weird foray into the wacky world of gears.  The biggest challenges were de-rustifying all the chrome and overhauling the badly corroded bottom bracket. I also added new tires and tubes, replaced the chain, and topped it all off with an old crusty Brooks seat that I got from Vic at some point.  It looks downright classy.  I think I'll stick with riding fixed, but this bike looks and feels so sweet that it almost makes me want to keep it... Hopefully it will find a good home somewhere here in SLO.  For now though, it makes a good propaganda piece!

No comments: