Saturday, January 24, 2009

RAIN-PROOF COMMUTE

The rain finally showed up here in SLO this week.  Not that I'm complaining- after a January that felt more like July, we really need some good rain.  Unfortunately, the weather isn't all that great for cycling, and after getting caught in a downpour yesterday two miles from home, I decided to go out and get me a fender.  I picked up a set of plastic fenders made by Planet Bike for $12.00 at CBO, one of our local bike shops.  I got one of the last sets- I guess I wasn't the only guy sick of having a mud line up my back at the end of a commute. The rear fender clips on to the seat post and is secured at the brake bridge with a single bolt.  I didn't mount the front fender; it doesn't seem to be necessary.  I think my bike looks pretty stupid with this big plastic tail, but it keeps my ass dry, and after a little customization, I can live with it until the rain stops.

2 comments:

Morning Glory said...

OK, what? Do you really want Hank reading that?

Reb said...

Hank is 3 weeks old.