Sunday, August 7, 2011

DAMMIT.

Just a quick update on the bike this morning; in an earlier post I mentioned that I took off a broken horn and blinker controls... Well, turns out that this particular set of controls also ran the headlight. I missed this fact since the guy who owned the bike before me also installed a hi-lo beam switch on the frame. Confusing. I only left about 1/2 inch of wire in the switch box when I cut everything out, and fortunately I was able to VERY carefully connect the wires back together. Now my problem is that I'm not sure I can get the box back on the bars, so I might have to tape it all up, leave it on low beam and tuck it into the headlight bucket; I guess I got lucky with that extra switch on the frame. This was definitely my FML moment for the weekend.

No comments: