Wednesday, August 27, 2008

FINISHED TREK 800

Well, here it finally is.  The old Trek 800 from the dumpster now lives a second life as a 28:17 (soon to be 28:14) single speed with a new custom paint job.  I rode it to work today, and no hill even came close to making me stand up in the saddle. I really like the way this bike came out, but unfortunately it must be sold to finance the next project (halloween fixie?). The total cost came out to $50.00- not too bad. I had a great time building this bike; please enjoy the pics!

Before:
After:
Bars chopped to 15.5"
Custom 28:17

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, great conversion - I've a trek 800 and I'd be very interested in doing what you've done. I'm a complete novice though, would you be mind putting up how you did it?

AlohaWiLL said...

hey mate, wondering if you could share how you went about that as well. shoot me an email if you can @ alohawill@me.com

cheers

Unknown said...

I just bought a Trek 800 and I am also considering converting to a SS could you possibly send me some more info on what parts you used?