Sunday, May 9, 2010

IT'S BEEN A WHILE, BUT I'M BACK!

Well, I haven't updated this blog in quite some time, but tonight I have a few minutes to myself, so I thought I'd see if I can bring y'all up to speed on what I've been doing lately. I've been so busy fixing up the house we recently bought that I haven't had much time for anything else... my bike building has been on hold until this past week when I rebuilt my neglected Fixd Gear which has been in pieces for the past few months. Also, last week I lucked out and picked up an OLD Ideor frame for free. It's waaaay to big for me (58 or 59cm) but it's about right for my buddy Chris. He's been talking for a while about building a fixie, so I've been helping him out with that for the past few days. It feels good to wrench on something again! The band is going well, and I've been spending the evenings working on the ol' homestead...

So here's my plan. This blog has always been about Bikes and Music, but I think it's time to branch out a little. Besides building bikes and playing Old Time Music, I'm also a carpenter, and I think those projects that I do around our house (and growing "farm") are worth documenting here- some of them are truly worthy of the "Contraption" name. So I'm gonna post a few separate posts detailing the household projects, the band, and the bikes over the next little while. I hope you like it. Thanks for reading.

No comments: