Tuesday, September 1, 2009

BOTTLE NECK SLIDE

Now that I have a sweet CBG, I figured it might be time to make my first authentic bottle neck slide. It was easy- all I had to do was find my glass cutter and chug a bottle of 2 Buck Chuck real quick. First, I scribed a line around the base of the neck. I ran hot water over the scribed section for a couple of minutes and followed it with cold water. Then I tapped the neck gently with a mallet and it broke right off. I finished it up by grinding the sharp edges down on the sidewalk (old skool, yo) and then polishing them with 100 grit sandpaper.
Next time I will probably use some masking tape to guide the glass cutter so the cut won't be so jagged, and I will also cut the neck a little higher up so the slide will be shorter. Overall I think it came out pretty good for my first try. I want to make a few different colors, so I guess my wine drinking is about to escalate. 

1 comment:

frankenbiker said...

The cigar box guitar was pretty cool!When do I get to see a video of the ammo can 6 string?