Sunday, November 23, 2008

INTRODUCING... THE BLACK PLAGUE

Well, here she is- my newest fixie, the Black Plague. Azuki frame (circa 1980) rattle-canned and built with various components that are a mash-up of craigslist and careful bargain searching on the intarweb. I probably spent too much money (around $350), but hell, it was worth it. I got my first real ride in today and I am completely stoked on the large size of the frame and the power of the 44:15 drive train. I put a 16 tooth freewheel on the other side of the flip/flop hub so I can coast around if I want. Highlights include Soma bullhorns, MKS clips, and a weird goose-neck stem that half of me thinks is awesome and the other half of me wants to replace. Here's the evidence:
Black Plague
Converted FSA Triple Crankset 
MKS Clips with Alle Leather Straps
Before: Azuki "Rust", $23

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! If they had a Top Bike reality show, you would win.

John said...

hi im going to build my first fixie ever. i got a free old outfitters 1500 mt frame from a scrape yard. i was wondering where do you buy the other parts (fork, gears, chain, seat, rims, wheels, etc). thanks

Reb said...

I get parts from my LBS, unless they don't carry them. In that case i buy stuff on the internet/craigslist. You can get a decent track wheelset from Winsor on ebay for about 100 bucks.